SONNEMAN® – A Way of Light is a leader in Design and Manufacturing of sophisticated contemporary ligh ...
SONNEMAN® – A Way of Light is a leader in Design and Manufacturing of sophisticated contemporary lighting, with a reputation for exemplifying the best in modern design. World-renowned and acclaimed for clean lines and an alliance of form and function, SONNEMAN's award-winning pieces have been at the design forefront for over four decades.
We are seeking a full-time Industrial Designer to work with our design and engineering teams to develop and support new products from concept to post-production for our line of contemporary lighting fixtures.
Responsibilities may include:
- Concept Sketching/Exploration;
- Physical Design: Rapid prototyping and model making;
- 3D and 2D CAD modeling and photo realistic rendering.
- Highly proficient in Solidworks, KeyShot, & Adobe Creative Suite;
- Familiarity with production manufacturing processes and materials;
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, or related field with a strong product development focus;
- Meticulous and detail-oriented, with big picture conceptual skills;
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and flexible design environment;
- US citizen or permanent resident. (no Visa sponsorship available);
- Able to work full-time in our Westchester, NY office. (no relocation assistance available).
- Modern design sensibility with knowledge of modern architectural design and interiors;
- Experience working with overseas manufacturing vendors;
- Understanding of basic electronics;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the product design/development field;
- Experience in the decorative or architectural lighting field.
Competitive salary based on experience level, with an excellent benefits package.
Respond with cover letter, resume, salary requirements and link to portfolio
Director of Marketing Communications
Position: Director of Marketing Communications
SONNEMAN – A Way Of Light (“SONNEMAN” or the “Company”) is the leading designer and manufacturer of high-end architectural lighting for commercial and residential applications. SONNEMAN was originally founded in 1967 and sold in 1983. In 2003, Robert Sonneman and partners, Sonny Park and David Littman, founded SONNEMAN – A Way of Light. Robert Sonneman’s 50 years of award-winning work is widely distributed and internationally acclaimed throughout the architectural and interior design community. The Company’s product lines include 2,750 SKUs with over 100 new product introductions annually.
Dunes Point Capital, LP (“DPC”) – a leading family office and private investment firm – acquired Sonneman in June 2018. DPC partners with great management teams while taking a long-term perspective to build and grow businesses in the general industrial sector. The DPC team has invested in, or overseen the investment of, over $4 billion in transactions over the last 20 years.
Title: Director of Marketing Communications
Location: Larchmont, NY
Reports To: Executive Chairman / Chief Creative Officer
Direct Reports: Marketing, Print Graphics & Digital Design Staff
- Plan, organize, lead, and manage print, digital, graphic, video and written communications from concept through production development and distribution
- Responsible for the planning, staffing, scheduling and coordinating of brand messaging, creative talent and related graphic design resources for multimedia products ranging from product catalogs through advertising, promotion, sales and trade show materials
- Coordinate and execute on all marketing/advertising initiatives
- Manage marketing calendar with internal team and external agency and resources
- Key marketing/advertising initiatives include events, trade shows, PR, print, digital (email, social, SEO, and display), and catalog production
- Develop and lead digital & web marketing strategy
- Manage company website design, graphics and written content
- Recruit the communications and marketing talent resources
Qualifications & Education:
• Broad experience in directing and managing the creative communications of a large organization, magazine or graphic and digital enterprise
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or liberal arts (English preferred) with a strong English writing focus
- Master’s degree in Design, Graphic Arts, Advertising, or related field
- Knowledge of and experience with Modern architectural and interior design
- Knowledge of Modern design of furniture or other architecturally related products field a plus
- Demonstrated experience managing people and processes of a design or creative team
- Proficient in photo imaging, Adobe Creative Suit and other advanced graphic and rendering software and experience with print and digital production
- Superior organizational skills
- Great manager and inspirational leader of people
- Excellent communicator
- Committed and Disciplined
- Strong arts & design foundation
- Have a solid network of creative resources to draw upon
- Comfortable in a fast-paced design environment
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits